“I believe we are now in a struggle over whether or not we are going to save America.”
This has been an ongoing message relayed by Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, a message that everyone should take heed. However, the media and with their deliberate bias against Gingrich continue to underestimate him. This morning on Fox and Friends I was appalled how they spoke of the recent Arizona debate. Touting Romney as the winner, with Santorum coming in second and with little to no mention of Newt. Hey Steve, Gretchen and Brian…just what debate did you watch?? What I saw in the debate were two who went at each other like school boys out on the playground. It was Newt who focused on the issues we face such as the energy crises we face; it was Newt who called out John King when the question arose once again about contraception how the media in 2008 never once questioned Obama regarding his vote to support infanticide and partial birth abortions. It wasn’t Romney who claims to be the businessman with such a great “conservative record” who focused on the energy crises nor was it Santorum who is so passionate about the sanctity of life that made mention of Obama’s egregious support of this barbaric procedures that end life. NO, it was Newt, the man with bold plans, a proven record of being an effective leader. I do believe it was Eric Erickson who said it best when he wrote that “Newt was the adult in the room.”
Just days after the Arizona debate Politico reported:
that during Wednesday night’s debate in Phoenix, the #1 increase in Google Search candidate keywords in Arizona was Newt Gingrich, with a 120% increase. Rick Santorum and Ron Paul each got a 50% bounce, while Mitt Romney only showed a 5% increase.
Ditto candidate search trends Nationally, with Gingrich enjoying an 84% bump, Santorum with 50%, Paul with 30% and Romney again pulling up the rear with 25%.
Once more the media fails to realize that we have woken up, no longer are we going to be dictated by them or the establishment which candidate to support. The tea party movement and this is my opinion has been co-opted in many ways and frankly I don’t understand their support of Romney given his moderate, left leaning tendencies. His record alone as Governor proves this. Throw in his many flip flops of the issues and it’s clear that he is pandering to who ever will subscribe to his rhetoric.
It’s clearly evident that Newt has bold ideas..ready to tackle day one the many issues facing this country due to the poor inept leadership by the “occupier-in-chief.” With gas being in the limelight as the prices begin to skyrocket, let’s review for a moment Newt’s American energy plan:
1. Remove bureaucratic and legal obstacles to responsible oil and natural gas development in the United States, offshore and on land.
2. End the ban on oil shale development in the American West, where we have three times the amount of oil as Saudi Arabia.
3. Give coastal states federal royalty revenue sharing to give them an incentive to allow offshore development.
4. Reduce frivolous lawsuits that hold up energy production by enacting loser pays laws to force the losers in an environmental lawsuit to pay all legal costs for the other side.
5. Finance cleaner energy research and projects with new oil and gas royalties.
6. Replace the Environmental Protection Agency, which has become a job-killing regulatory engine of higher energy prices, with an Environmental Solutions Agency that would use incentives and work cooperatively with local government and industry to achieve better environmental outcomes while considering the impact of federal environmental policies on job creation and the cost of energy.
Jobs is another issue that remains on the minds of many Americans. Newt is correct when he states; “America only works when Americans are working.” Let’s look at The Gingrich Jobs and Growth Plan:
1. Stop the 2013 tax increases to promote stability in the economy. Job creation improved after Congress extended tax relief for two years in December. We should make the rates permanent.
2. Make the United States the most desirable location for new business investment through a bold series of tax cuts, including: Eliminating the capital gains tax to make American entrepreneurs more competitive against those in other countries; Dramatically reducing the corporate income tax (among highest in the world) to 12.5%; Allowing for 100% expensing of new equipment to spur innovation and American manufacturing; Ending the death tax permanently.
3. Move toward an optional flat tax of 15% that would allow Americans the freedom to choose to file their taxes on a postcard, saving hundreds of billions in unnecessary costs each year. This optional flat tax system will preserve deductions on charitable giving and home ownership, and create a new personal deduction of $12,000 for every American. This deduction is well above the current poverty level, ensuring that this new system does not unfairly target the poor.
4. Strengthen the dollar by returning to the Reagan-era monetary policies that stopped runaway inflation and reforming the Federal Reserve to promote transparency.
5. Remove obstacles to job creation imposed by destructive and ineffective regulations, programs and bureaucracies. Steps include: Repealing the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, which did nothing to prevent the financial crisis and is holding companies back from making new investments in the U.S; Repealing the Community Reinvestment Act, the abuse of which helped cause the financial crisis; Repealing the Dodd-Frank Law which is killing small independent banks, crippling loans to small businesses and crippling home sales; Breaking up Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, moving their smaller successors off government guarantees and into the free market; Replacing the Environmental Protection Agency with an Environmental Solutions Agency that works collaboratively with local government and industry to achieve better results; and Modernizing the Food and Drug Administration to get lifesaving medicines and technologies to patients faster.
6. Implement an American energy policy that removes obstacles to responsible energy development and creates jobs in the United States.
7. Balance the budget by growing the economy, controlling spending, implementing money saving reforms, and replacing destructive policies and regulatory agencies with new approaches.
8. Repeal and replace Obamacare with a pro-jobs, pro-responsibility health plan that puts doctors and patients in charge of health decisions instead of bureaucrats.
9. Fundamental reform of entitlement programs with the advice and help of the American people. Read an extended white paper on this here.
I challenge all of my readers to visit Newt2012 do your homework, study the plans as Newt puts them forth. He is a proven leader, one who has the best ability to take on Obama come November. It is Newt that can once again make America’s beacon shine ever so brightly for freedoms, justice and liberty for all. I challenge you to donate what you can whether it be with cash or your time. As Newt so frequently has stated This is the most crucial elections of our lifetime.
Also be sure and sign up on Time To Choose
Authored By A Patriotic Nurse